QUALEB - The Quality Unit, an EU funded project, at the Ministry of Economy & Trade, is the administrator for the Lebanese Excellence Award (LEA) for private and public sector organisations as well as for NGOs.
This Award provides Lebanese organisations with the opportunity to be recognised for the improvement and the maturity of their management systems leading to an efficient and increased competitiveness.
The LEA is designed for organisations or organisational units that wish to beregarded as national role models and develop continuous improvement.
Entry to the LEA requires to submit an application form and a Submission Document of approximately 12-15 pages to be assessed by a team of trained LEA assessors. Successful entries will be granted the ‘Excellence Award Winner’ status.
Organisations reaching this position have a right to be very proud of their achievement. These organisations will be on the right path to evolve to role models for Excellence and to join an impressive roll of honour, which includes some of the region’s most prestigious companies.
When the LEA Office receives and approves the application for participation in the Lebanese Excellence Award, it provides the organisation with a package containing:
- The Lebanese Quality Management Model
- The Scoring Matrices
- The Submission Document (Blank)
- The Self-Assessment Proforma Document.
The benefits for awarded organisations include:
- Developing an outstanding model for managing your products/services, human resources and customer relations
- Aligning your resources with your strategic objectives
- Becoming more competitive through change and improvement initiatives
- Energising your employees
- Gettingan outside perspective from the feedback process
- Focusing on results with improved performance in key areas such as financial performance, customer loyalty and process outcomes
- Strengthening your brand recognition
- Better positioning your organisation and being recognised as industry leader
- The opportunity to become part of an international elite business network, practicing systematic management, improving performance and receiving positive publicity.
The trophies will be awarded by the President of the Republic of Lebanon during an official ceremony by the beginning of the following year.
Who can apply?
All organisations – large businesses, small and medium enterprises, public sector organisations, and NGOs, may apply.
Participating in the LEA scheme can be executed by downloading the relevant documentation, filling them and sending them to: firstname.lastname@example.org