Grain & Sugar Beets
The General directorate of Cereals And Sugar beets
The General directorate of Cereals And Sugar beets is authorized by the 143/59 decree issued on June, 1959 to supply Lebanon with cereals: wheat, barley, corn, and sugar beet.
- To provide the stability and safety of bread supply in Lebanon
- To reach an increase of the local cereals production.
- (18/08/2022) Lebanon Wheat Emergency Response Project (P178866)
- (04/03/2022) Minister of Economy and Trade held several meetings in order to strengthen the food security
- (07/01/2022) The Consumer Protection Directorate pursued its inspections patrols in the markets
- (29/12/2021) Director General of Economy and Trade made inspection patrols to supermarkets, bakeries and fuel stations