World Consumer Protection Day
“World Day of Consumer Rights" which is celebrated each year worldwide was adopted by the United Nations on the 15 of March 1985. It was celebrated for the first time on 15 March 1983, since then it became an important opportunity to activate citizen role. Consumer Rights day is an annual opportunity to celebrate and display solidarity between the consumer activities globally. Most important is that it is time to promote the consumers’ basic rights, to demand the conservation and respect for these rights and to oppose exploitation by the market and the social injustice that is poorly valued.
- the right to the satisfaction of basic needs
- the right to safety
- the right to be informed
- the right to choose
- the right to be heard
- the right to redress
- the right to consumer education
- The right to a healthy environment.
This page is intended to disseminate information about the activities to be undertaken by the Consumer Protection Directorate
on the occasion of the World Day of consumer rights , which falls this year under the title of " healthy diets ."
- Guide Consumer Protection Law in Lebanon (PDF)
- Page World Consumer Rights Day 2015: WCRD 2015: healthy meals - Consumers International
- (11/04/2023) Ministry of Economy & Trade determined the bread’ price
- (10/03/2023) Ministry of Economy & Trade determined the bread’ price and denied having any shortage of wheat flour
- (07/03/2023) The Consumer Protection Directorate pursued its control tours in markets
- (29/09/2022) Lebanon Wheat Emergency Response Project (P178866)